Top 10 Food & Beverage Brands on Shopify
Quick Summary Next in our Top 10 series is our list of the best food & beverage brands on Shopify. We outline what they’re doing well and how you can improve your own.
With a steep rise in e-commerce sales worldwide, consumers are ready to order food and beverages online without a second thought. This is great news for large and small direct-to-consumer (D2C) food and drink companies.
However, this also means substantial competition flooding the market. Successful food and beverage companies boast attractive websites, compelling branding, and superior user experience that allows them to stand out from the crowd.
Your website must offer an aesthetically pleasing and simple user experience to be competitive in the food and beverage industry. High definition photos and appetizing descriptions of your scrumptious goods should leave your users drooling.
Your website must also represent your company’s brand. The colors, content, and layout must speak to your target audience. Your branding should be engaging and fun, with captivating messaging that turns leads into sales.
What Makes a Food & Beverage Website Great?
A Focus on User Experience (UX): Websites should be aesthetically pleasing, easy to navigate, and well-organized. They should also load quickly and work well on mobile devices. Integrating apps that take the user-experience to the next level, such as Yotpo, Hotjar, and Klaviyo, add tremendous value!
Engaging Content: Content is king! Great content includes not just high-quality imagery but also clear, on-brand copy that succinctly tells who you are. Your homepage hero banner is often the first thing people see when landing on your site, so it should be enticing and encourage customers to explore the yummy goods you have to offer.
Organized Product Description Pages: Users should be able to quickly navigate through organized product details to necessary information before purchasing—flavors, ingredients, nutrition facts. High-quality images and customer reviews are a must, while complementary information like related products is a huge plus.
Blog Page: Blogs should offer value to the audience who is considering buying your food and beverage products. Consider providing recipes or lifestyle tips that underscore the brand values. Keywords used in blog copy can help your website rank organically higher on search engine results pages.
Below is our list, in no particular order, of the top food & beverage brands on Shopify, outlining what they do well so you can apply these best practices to your brand's website!
1. Love Good Fats
Love Good Fats offers award-winning keto-friendly, low-sugar bars and shakes.
A few things Love Good Fats does well:
- PDP with all the necessary details.
- Offers resources such as scientific articles, recipes, and blogs.
- CX technology apps including, Klaviyo, Hotjar, Bold Commerce, Yotpo, and Privy.
2. Partake Foods
Vegan, gluten-free, and allergy-friendly cookies that look cute, taste good, and are healthy? Consumers are ready. Partake's blog and easy-to-shop Shopify theme make this brand extra-delicious.
A few things Partake does well:
- Fun rollover color-changing effects.
- Establishes confidence through icons and interactive ingredients section that Partake products are school-safe and allergy-free.
- Blog articles include Partake's feature in the press and support of social issues.
3. Cha Cha Matcha
Cha Cha Matcha, the cult matcha brand with retail locations in New York City and Los Angeles, took their brand DTC, giving people the opportunity to experience the Cha Cha Matcha brand wherever they are.
A few things Cha Cha Matcha does well:
- On-brand colors, imagery, copy that immediately shows users what the brand is about.
- Playful animations and rollover effects adds an extra layer of quirk and personality.
- PDPs are consistent with big & bold images, colors, and witty copy to relay customer reviews and education on matcha vs. coffee.
4. Perfect Keto
A go-to brand for keto dieters, Perfect Keto
A few things Perfect Keto does well:
- The homepage guides new users on where to start and why Keto works.
- Intuitive navigation menu helps users differentiate between essential keto products and nice-to-haves.
- Offers guides and references including what keto is, how to start it, macro calculator, recipes, and more.
Ready for to try new wines every season? VINEBOX delivers wine-tasting tours right to your doorstep.
A few things VINEBOX does well:
- Detailed PDPs with eye-catching imagery and on-brand copy.
- Full-bleed lifestyle hero banner on the homepage with clear messaging.
- Immediate education on how VINEBOX's subscription works.
A household name for high-fat dieters, Bulletproof offers a lifestyle with A-Z products to help people feel energized.
A few things Bulletproof does well:
- Comprehensive, organized navigation and megamenu to show users what Bulletproof offers and to help them find what they need.
- Provides a wealth of education on the Bulletproof lifestyle.
- Organized PDPs with easily digestible information, including nutrition, benefits, how-to-use, comparisons, and FAQs.
Traditionally relying on in-store purchases, Heinz added a layer to their customer experience by providing a website that looks and feels like a DTC e-commerce site. Though consumers must purchase at retail locations, they can benefit from a wealth of content and information directly from Heinz.
A few things Heinz does well:
- Simple, to-the-point homepage that clearly shows Heinz's heritage and products.
- Recipes page with mouth-watering images.
- "Grown Not Made" page educates users on the Heinz difference with engaging content.
8. SkinnyMe Tea
This detox drink brand was the winner of Shopify's Build-a-Business competition in 2013 and has since sold more than 11 million cups of tea worldwide. While it doesn't take advantage of the subscription options, its lifestyle imagery speaks directly to its target audience.
A few things SkinnyMe Tea does well:
- Homepage lifestyle hero banner clearly shows what the tea looks like and how users can aspire to look by drinking it.
- Includes customer reviews with before & after images on both the homepage and PDPs to establish confidence in potential new customers.
- Collection pages include full-bleed lifestyle hero banners and ability to filter products by different goals/concerns.
9. Red Rooster Coffee
Red Rooster Coffee's website showcases classy, coffeehouse-style graphics and well-written product descriptions, helping consumers easily make a decision that starts their day right.
A few things Red Rooster Coffee does well:
- Separate subscriptions page offering two subscription options–a classic subscription or a curated subscription of exclusivel coffees.
- Beautiful PDPs with big, bold lifestyle images alongside a detailed roast profile.
- "Coffee With a Conscience" tells readers who Red Rooster is and gives faces to names of all team members, adding a personal touch.
10. BLK & Bold
To incentivize purchases and give back to the community, BLK & Bold pledges 5% of its profits to good causes. As a result, consumers are excited to buy this specialty coffee and tea brand.
A few things BLK & Bold does well:
- Homepage hero banner copy immediately informs users that the brand contributes back to the community.
- Embedded homepage video of founders adds a personal touch to "coffee with a cause."
Extraordinary E-commerce for Extraordinary Brands
Learn more about Avex and how we can help you scale better and faster on Shopify Plus.